Yoga Classes and Timetable
Flametree Yoga Timetable
The next Beginners Course starts Monday 4th May. Courses run for 5 weeks. All Classes are online for the foreseeable future.
Class lengths: Beginners 1 hour, Transition to Intermediate are one & a quarter hours. All others unless indicated 1.5 hours
Location: All classes are online. Beginners are held in virtual room 2
Non-Beginner DEAL: $29 for 14 days
Get unlimited entry to any Flametree class except Beginners, subject to level appropriate to your yoga skills. (New Flametree students only).
More information on the content of special focus beginner classes is at the bottom of this Timetable page.
Information on non-beginner special class types can be seen by clicking on the name or types of these classes:
What is done in the above types of beginner classes
With a beginner course pass, you can each week come to any combination of the above beginner course
You don’t need to come to the same class each week.
In each week, beginner course classes have a similar content and syllabus, with some variation for your
interest, and based on the focus of the particular teacher. The particular types of classes (other than just
Beginner Course classes), listed in the above timetable, have these meanings:
- Beginner Course- Standard Poses. These classes are all those beginner classes that are not marked with a
special focus. In these classes, approximately 20-30 introductory and simple yoga poses are taught over
the several weeks of the course. They are also revised regularly. This allows you to get better at them
steadily, and also allows people to join the course over the first couple of weeks of the course.
- Beginners Course (Youth Focus) – Class is open to all, but with a special focus on teaching children ;
teens from 8 years upwards. Open to youth, parents ; anybody else. Parents can leave child & come
back, or can watch, or can participate. Open to all students, with or without children participating. Teacher
is very experienced with teaching children ; adults and holds a Working With Children certification.
- Beginners Course (Women Only) – Information & postures for women whether menstruating, pre-
menopausal, menopausal or post-menopausal. Plus matters for improved intimacy. (The Women Only
mixed level class deals with similar issues, but includes a wider range of postures, and ones that are not
suitable for beginners.)
- Beginner (Men’s Health) – This class is men only, with the exception of the teacher because she is Flametree’s Senior Teacher. The class covers a range of issues men have raised with us. Overall, it is designed as an easy place for men to learn introductory yoga skills. It will address a wide range of issues, and will also be partly responsive to what those in each class raise with us. Issues will include getting more flexibility, blood pressure reduction, improving the immune system so as to reduce colds and flu, moving sufficiently to get the exercise your doctor will say is good for you, health in intimate areas, and much more.
- Beginners Course (Easy Restorative) – Focus on restorative poses for energy, renewal, de-stressing ;
relaxing… easier than the average beginner class. This is also a very good place to start for anyone
who is worried about whether the yoga is easy enough for them, and/or some who are fifty years plus.
- Beginner (Fifty Plus) – Some of the standard beginner poses are more modified into preparatory stages,
so as to help with stiffness or less strength than average. The class, like all beginner special focus
classes, can still be attended by those under fifty. (Some non-beginners also come to this Friday class and
are very welcome to do so).
- Beginner (Backcare Focus) – This class contains more than average of beginner poses that address
common back issues for people. However, any beginner will still find the postures useful to learn as part of
the Beginner yoga syllabus.
- Beginners Course (Anxiety Focus) This class looks at ways to address anxiety, stress, sleep, weight control and building mental focus and intentionality.
Special focus beginner classes open to all beginners
As you may know, we have several special focus beginner classes each week.
They include Easy Restorative, Fifty Plus, Women Only, Youth Focus, and Backcare Focus, Anxiety.
All of these classes have introductory poses for beginners, and can be attended depending on your preference. There’s
more information about them on at the bottom of the timetables here.
The beginner classes that don’t have a particular focus are a set of 20-30 introductory poses you steadily learn over the
Even if you are not looking for the particular focus that is contained in any of the special focus classes, you can still come
to them. For example, you may not want or need any particular focus on your back, but you can still come to the Beginner
(Backcare Focus) class, and you will still find it is a very useful and satisfying class.