What Are the Benefits Of Yoga?
Look For These When Choosing Among Yoga Studios.
What are the benefits of yoga, in terms of what it does for you, is well researched. I mean the health benefits of yoga. So heré’s what to look for when choosing yoga studios, or the “best yoga centre near me”.
For example, I’ve written about the research that shows at least 50 medical conditions helped by yoga. It’s a handy checklist of the health benefits of yoga.
I’ve also written about how and why yoga helps manage your waist by mindful eating.
There is much less available about what are the benefits of yoga in terms of what to look for when choosing a studio.
In particular, can the teaching, style and quality of the yoga you’ll get actually deliver the researched benefits.
The truth is that some yoga does deliver the benefits you want, and some does not.
The great advantage on online yoga, is that you can absolutely find and use the “best yoga centre near me”. So its even more important to know what do look for.
There is also the issue of what suits you best, and whether you can put up with the way it’s being delivered to you!
Read on to see what I suggest you look for, so as to ensure you get yoga that works for you.
It’s also worth checking our why I’ve found that Flametree’s Iyengar yoga style delivers you the most benefits.
The yoga studio benefits that make the biggest practical difference
Other than the health benefits of yoga, the benefits of the studio that make the most difference for you on a day-to-day basis at a studio are things like:
- The number of classes available, and their times, both online and in-studio
- The skill level of the classes. (Too many studios teach one size fit all!)
- The number of beginner classes, and their level
- The availability of special focus classes for backs, women, stiffness, de-stressing & more.
- If the teachers are pleasant to you!
- Whether the teacher offers guidance to get you into postures that actually deliver the benefits
- The price of the packages, including if you get price or volume deals that allow a lot of affordable yoga.
To choose a studio, you need to know what to look for, and whether a particular studio can deliver what’s needed.
If you’re new to yoga, it can be difficult to choose among yoga studios. In fact, their offers, value and quality are significantly different.
It’s worth looking closely at what you’re likely to get from them, and knowing some criteria on which to assess them.
The points below suggest some CRITERIA worth using to assess studios, classes and teachers.
On this page, I’m particularly talking about online yoga. But much of what I say is applicable to in-studio yoga as well (and Flametree Yoga offers both).
What are the benefits of yoga, including at Flametree
The points below also give some strong reasons for doing your ONLINE yoga at Flametree, and sticking with one main provider of your online classes. Your location of course means some people can only do yoga online.
But especially if you’re looking for the “best yoga centre near me”, then online is with you wherever you are.
Others, who are closer to Darwin, Australia, or in Darwin, do a mix of online and in-studio classes at Flametree.
These reasons are worth considering whether you are in the online only category, or have the luxury of being able to do a mix of online and in-studio yoga.
- Flametree teaches the highest QUALITY modern classical yoga, including all types of yoga poses. Among other things, yoga is about doing the right positions, in the right way, for the right amount of time, with the right supports, and in the right order. The teachers need to have enough knowledge and experience to do all this for you, so you get everything that you should from each class… with a touch of humour, and plenty of kindness and humanity. Flametree’s teachers are trained for a much longer period of time than most studios, and are closely supervised by a Senior Teacher with over 12,000 hours of yoga teaching experience.
- Flametree’s teachers closely watch what you are doing, and at the right time, and discretely, give you customised FEEDBACK. This means you get more from each posture, and also progress at the best rate. (You’ll find that in many studios, there is either no feedback or it’s not done with the level of knowledge that is needed).
- Flametree’s package deals give you the lowest COST yoga you’ll find, either for online, or in-studio yoga. There’s also options for a mix of online, in-studio, and / or streaming playback classes 24/7. (Yes, it is cheap yoga, but the low, low cost is the only way it is cheap. It’s in fact very high value).
Even more ways to choose a yoga studio
- You’ll be able to discuss YOUR PARTICULAR ISSUES with the teacher/s. Where necessary, they review your situation in their own private discussions among teachers. They will remember the issues and solutions, and ongoingly work with you on them.
- Over time, teachers can steadily work with you so you PROGRESS at the rate that’s right for you. In class, or before or after class, they will also advise you on any particular customisation of poses that is best for your situation.
- You can, from time to time if it suits, visit for in-studio classes and retreats. If you work in a remote area, or via FIFO, the online and in-studio mix is particularly good when you periodically visit Darwin for breaks. Among other things, it means you not only build a whole new COMMUNITY in your life, but also get a heightened version of the various learning benefits discussed in this list.
- Unlike almost any other studio you’ll find, Flametree teaches yoga in FIVE LEVELS of training. This means there is always a level where you’ll find a suitable mix of ease and challenge. You can also progress steadily in a way that works for you.
- Flametree’s physical teaching is supported by a steady amount of verbal and written INFORMATION about what you’re doing and why. This can help motivate you, plus ensure you are doing the right postures in the right way.
- Flametree offers a range of SPECIAL FOCUS CLASSES such as Women Only, Breath Meditation (Pranayama), Backcare, Restorative, Gentle, Fifty Plus & Restorative Yoga. These work for anyone, but particularly for the issue/s or group/s they address.
And even more ways to choose a yoga studio
- There’s enough VARIETY OF TEACHERS, and of varying ages, to ensure you can find one or several who works well for you.
- There’s a LARGE AND CONVENIENT TIMETABLE of classes. Almost all of Flametree’s in-studio classes are simultaneously provided online. If needed, this means you can also swap backwards and forwards between the same class each week, or even find a very similar version of the class in the video class playback library.
- Customer service, including help with getting online (if you choose that option). See the links to the Customer Service Team at the bottom right of this page. We don’t hide-out behind online barriers! Get in touch and you’ll be dealing quickly with live and helpful people. You can also ask the team for more background on the health benefits of yoga.
Use these factors when choosing yoga studios, or the “best yoga centre near me”.
Check out Flametree’s top yoga benefits & packages
Choose among online, In-Studio, or Streaming Video Playback yoga, or a convenient mix of any of them.
All passes are under the “Passes” tab on this site. Here are some of our most popular yoga passes.
All classes and packages are both online and in-studio, or both, including private classes.
Get the “best yoga centre near me”.