Reduce stress, weight, disease risk and back pain at Yoga. Get fit, flexible, & toned.
Beginner Yoga School with Money Back Guarantee.
78 classes over 6 weeks
at Woolner, Palmerston,City.
FREE one week trial available.
Package for $99($1.27 per class), or 4 easy $24.75 instalments*.
The course runs for 6 weeks from Monday 25th February to Sunday 7th April. The sessions are open to men and women from all age groups and levels of ability, including youth from 8 upwards, with a money back guarantee if you’re not completely satisfied! Options include reduced price youth & parent deals.
MATES Rates! Buy from 2 to 9 beginner passes together & get 25% off each. Buy 10 plus & get ONE THIRD OFF. Ask family, work places, & teams.
Other than you, students must be new to studio. They attend at any time that suits them. Group discount only applies to full price & instalments, not free trial. One option is for a workplace and employees to share the instalments. Price adjusts at check out.
Our Yoga School’s Guarantee: If not satisfied, your money back*.
6 weeks of 1 – 13 classes a week.
– Early Bird Deal only available until midnight Monday 4th March –
Do Yoga and get these benefits:
- Reduce major disease risk like cancer, heart disease, diabetes
- Muscle tone
- Weight control or reduction
- Better sleep
- Personal development, like compassion, patience & tolerance
- Stress reduction & management
- Improving or managing a medical condition
- Better performance at netball, football & other sports
- Make new friends
- Moving along any spiritual path
- Reduction of any depression
- Help with pain, menstruation & pregnancy
- Cut stress, get fit & build muscle toning.
Reasons you should give Iyengar Yoga a try
At our studio in Darwin, we believe Iyengar Yoga is the best yoga style, as Iyengar focuses on structural alignment. This structural alignment of the physical body aims to unite the mind, body and spirit.
The advantages of Iyengar yoga are:
- Due to clear instruction and teachers taking the time to assist, you learn to do the poses correctly rather than rushing through them
- Having a better understanding of poses gives you the independence and confidence to practice at home
- Iyengar uses props at all levels. Props assist you in getting in poses, regardless of your flexibility
- Postures are taught in steps, making sure the foundation of the posture is correct. Making poses easier to do and learn
- Iyengar teachers are trained over three years, for a minimum 400 hours. Teachers of other styles of yoga have less detailed training, and therefore less knowledge to to draw on
- Over time, Iyengar teaches inverted postures like shoulder stand, as many yoga benefits come from inversions
- Iyengar Yoga class is highly verbal and precise, with misalignments and errors actively corrected
- There is a much smaller chance of injury with Iyengar, because of the knowledge of teachers and props that assist in minimising the risk of injury or strain
- Iyengar to be a powerful tool to reduce stress and in turn helps total physical and spiritual well-being
- The Iyengar method is inclusive and has a systematic process to help all students do yoga no matter their conditions.
When are the classes?
Our beginners yoga course will run for 6 weeks from Monday 25th February to Sunday 7th April.. You can join the course for up to 2 weeks after it starts.
We will be running 78 classes during this period offering a flexible opportunity to enjoy up to 13 beginner yoga classes each week.
BEGINNERS Dynamic Focus
Class Length & Locations
Class length: Beginners ONE hr.
Unless marked Room 2, Palmerston or CITY, all classes are Room ONE, upstairs at 19b Bishop St Woolner (near Stuart Pk).
Sunday 10am class is at new Room 2 (Upstairs at 14 Bishop St Woolner… nearly opposite Room ONE).
CITY classes are at Harbour Room, 2 Smith St, Darwin (beside Anglican Cathedral, near walk-way to Waterfront).
PALMERSTON classes at Recreation Centre, 11 The Boulevard, Palmerston (opposite Library and Goyder Square).
What is done in the above types of beginner classes
With a beginner course pass, you can each week come to any combination of the above beginner course classes. In each week, beginner course classes have a similar content and syllabus, with some variation for your interest, and based on the focus of the particular teacher. The particular types of classes (other than just Beginner Course classes), listed in the above timetable, have these meanings:
- Beginners Course (Dynamic) – Some extra focus on aerobic movement, including dynamic sun salutes and lunges.
- Beginners Course (Youth Focus) – Class is open to all, but with a special focus on teaching children & teens from 8 years upwards. Open to youth, parents & anybody else. Parents can leave child & come back, or can watch, or can participate. Open to all students, with or without children participating. Teacher is very experienced with teaching children & adults. See also the special low cost Youth / Carer / Parent Deals at the “View Packages” button on this Page.
- Beginners Course (Women Only) – Information & postures for women whether menstruating, pre-menopausal, menopausal or post-menopausal. Plus matters for improved intimacy.
- Beginners Course (Easy Restorative) – Focus on restorative poses for energy, renewal, de-stressing & relaxing… & easier than the average beginner class.
FREE 7 Day Trial Of Beginner Course
The free one week trial is one of the packages you can view at the buttons on this page.
To access the free beginner course trial, you insert your details, and you can do free classes for 7 days, but can discontinue before there’s any debit to your credit card.
The free 7 days of yoga is the first week of the six week course. If you don’t continue, the whole week is free. If you continue, then you complete the remaining weeks of the course.
Instalments are also available as a separate package, and there’s a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE on all packages.
Get a beginner class a day, for up to 6 days a week, for much less than a coffee a day.
Do a class a week for 6 wks…. or many more each week if you want.
Group discounts make it even cheaper. (We call is Mates’ Rates).
25% OFF for 2-10 beginner course passes. That’s means the beginner course for 6 weeks is just $75 each.
One third off for 10 or more… or $66 each.
To get any of the volume discount deals, insert the number of courses you’re buying at the same time, and the price will adjust automatically.
Ask your friends, teenagers, workmates or others to join you. Doing yoga with friends helps keep you regular.
You can choose any mix of class locations, times, and teachers. Check them out and see what works best for you.
You can start in any class over the two weeks after the course starts… unless it sells out first, which it always does.
Please buy now to ensure you get in, and get the class times that are most convenient for you.
Darwin yoga school address, parking, & public transport
Address: 19b Bishop Street, Woolner, NT, 0820.
Flametree Yoga is located in the same building as Travellers/ Autobarn – just look for the white building with the orange awning. To reach the studio, walk down the driveway bordered by tropical pot plants, towards the peaceful haven that is Flametree.
Parking for Flametree Yoga Studio
There is plenty of parking available on Bishop Street, with forward in angle parking along the street in front of the studio. On the opposite side, free 1 hour parking is available from 8am-5pm weekdays, with no time limits outside of these hours.
Driving to Flametree Yoga
Our Darwin Studio is just 4 kilometers – or less than 10 minutes’ drive – from the Darwin city centre, Larrakeyah and Stuart Park, making it convenient for those commuting to or from work.
The studio is located on the opposite side of the Stuart Highway to Fannie Bay, Parap, The Narrows and Ludmilla, and is also handy to Winnellie and the RAAF Base Darwin.
Bagot Road is the most direct route for those travelling from Casuarina, Lee Point, Coconut Grove and Nightcliff.
Residents in the Palmerston area should head towards the city centre on either Tiger Brennan Drive or the Stuart Highway, and turn into Woolner Road to access Bishop Street.
Buses to yoga before or after work, or from major centres throughout Darwin.
The closest bus stop is located on the Stuart Highway, near the intersection of Woolner Road. Bishop Street is just a few steps away.
Number 5 Bus – From Karama, the Number 5 bus leaves from McMillans Road heading into the city centre.
Number 10 Bus – Passengers can board at the Casuarina interchange, or as the bus travels via Coconut Grove, Nightcliff and Bagot.
Number 8 bus – Residents from Palmerston, Berrimah and Winnellie can catch the bus heading into town.
Bikes or walking paths to yoga
Residents of Woolner and Bayview will find the studio is well within walking or riding distrance.
There is mostly flat terrain in the area, with a shared pedestrian/bike path connecting suburbs along the Stuart Highway, from the city to Palmerston.
Bishop Street is located on the same side of the Stuart Highway as the bike path; simply turn in to Woolner Road and take the first left into Bishop Street, and continue until you see the Flametree Yoga sign.
Cut disease risk, stress, weight, depression, & pain.
Persons of any age can do this type of yoga.
If you have questions, or for any reason you cannot buy your Beginner’s Pass online, you can call Chris on Mobile 0448 112 251 You can call 7 days a week, 7am – 9pm; if Chris is unavailable, leave a message or text her, and she will call you back promptly.
This is some of the best value and highest quality yoga in Darwin.
Please act now. Buy a Beginner Pass, & put it in your diary.
What our students are saying about Flametree Yoga Studio
“The practice of yoga over the last 15 years have convinced me that most of our fundamental attitudes to life have their physical counterparts in the body….Tenacity is gained by stretching in various yoga positions for minutes at a time, while calmness comes with quiet, consistent breathing and the expansion of the lungs.”
“I have been practising IYENGAR for over four years. As a mature person, and a latecomer to yoga, I have found the practice invaluable to me on all physical, mental and philosophical levels. It is suited to all ages and its success is due to the mindful guidance and the integrity of the institution’s trained teachers.”
“Within the quietness that results from a focused mind is revealed the inner quality of human consciousness that is normally hidden.
[It]… has many characteristics. They include peace, joy, compassion, discrimination, energy, ease and detachment. When they begin to flower in the mind of a practitioner, they result in a life that becomes more harmonious, joyful and generous.”
*Payment by instalments is only available online via this page.
It cannot be reserved at the studio in cash or any other way.
The Money Back Guarantee is available only for 2 weeks after course commencement.
More information on private health refunds for yoga is here.
Classes sell out. Please buy a pass now to get the class times that suit you best.